Tuesday 22 March 2016

Aaaagh! More holes under the passenger seat.

Having a clean around in the wheel tub with a screwdriver, I noticed a couple of significant holes under the passenger seat. As keen as I am on staying on track with only the repairs I was planning, these were quite large and had been patched over before, but were rotting out from underneath the patches.





By the time all of the rusty metal had been removed there was a significant hole!


The damage was centred on a step in the pressing, so I cut 3 sections to create a step, roughly similar to the original shape.

At the moment I want to make this water tight and to stop the seat dropping into the wheel tub, when I come this way again with more time, I might well make a more original looking repair.




No comments:

Post a Comment