Tuesday 15 March 2016

Bulkhead and front wheel tub repair

The bulkhead and wheel tub had rotted out pretty much all around the central bulge pressing, and needed several sections cutting to shape to build it back out.

My aim was to get back to one solid skin and replace the 3x levels of patch from previous repairs.


Below the bulge I used an Alan Scholfield panel cut into 2 sections to fit between where the inner sill sticks out into the tub and the back of the tub above the chassis.


This was welded up against the bottom of the bulge and to the floor panel return in the cargo bay.


Previous (rotten) repair patch was removed and cut back to sound metal.



Patches were fabricated (I used 2mm steel here)




I seam welded the butt joint from both sides.


I decided to add a cosmetic strip on the left hand side to replace the original B pillar shape.
And then painted it all out with zinc primer.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Admin, I came to this post and knowing about value of this post because your explaining way is awesome and you have shared everything. I appreciate your work and like it very much. Doing great work and keep it continue dear. Post new things related to 2018 updates.

    Bathtub Service Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  2. just want to say thank you for sharing a great information.I've read a lot of blogs but most of them are boring. Your article made me feel fascinating. I am going to share this information with my friends on social media networking sites!

    Read an interesting Blog on "Bathtub Repair Dallas " now I

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for bathtub reglazing services? Our skilled technicians in Charlotte, North Carolina provide top-notch bathtub reglazing services that give your bathtub a brand new look. Click here to book an appointment now!

    ReplyDelete